When you or a loved one is diagnosed with cancer, your life changes dramatically. You may need information and support to help you adjust to the changes. You may need someone to talk to—someone who understands; someone who can help.
“My social worker is always available, very flexible, and accommodating.”
Please call Cancer Family Care 513-731-3346. Our licensed counselors and social workers can be that someone. We meet individuals and families wherever they are in their journey with cancer. And we stay with them for as long as they need us to be there.
To ensure that everyone who needs our support receives it, all of our counseling services are provided on a sliding-fee basis.
- Counseling for the patient
- Counseling for the family
- Bereavement counseling and programs
- Support for the caregiver
- Information and referral
- In-home visits available
- Special focus on populations at high risk for cancer
- Educational programs
Our licensed clinical staff can help in these ways:
- Provide perspective on intense emotional reactions
- Help families access community resources
- Offer practical advice and assistance
- Facilitate communication among family members
- Suggest ways to explain cancer-related illness and loss to children
“Being able to talk to someone who knows what you’re going through helps so much because most people don’t want to talk about cancer, not even your family.”